We’ve decided to start a new series in the newsletter. It won’t be consecutive weeks, but every now and then. Wanna know what it is? Drum roll…
Edible Walt Disney World attractions! Fun, right? So we’ll kick off this week with the Jungle Cruise in all its edible glory. Then, check back in future issues for other attractions. Soon, you’ll be able to assemble an entire edible World all your own. Lucky you!
The river boat is drifting over the water while the guide chatters away. Suddenly, a hippo rises up from the swirling water. Look out!
If you’re looking for a fun dessert wrapped in an adventure, this is the one.
- crispy rice cereal
- margarine or butter
- blue gelatin
- pear halves
- character crackers/cookies (Disney ones would be ideal!)
- almond slices
- fruit leather (we didn’t have any, so we used construction paper)
- Mix the gelatin according to package directions and pour into a flat pan. We used two small boxes and a 9 x 13 pan. Let it firm.
- Dress up pear halves like hippos, using raisins for eyes and almond slivers for ears and nostrils.
- Mix up the crispy cereal, margarine, and marshmallows to make crispy treats (recipe on the package or online). Butter your hands, then form little boats out of the crispy treats. Put your character crackers or cookies in as passengers.
- Using toothpicks to suspend it, shape the strips of fruit leather into canopies to cover your boats. We had to use construction paper, since it was after Halloween and there was a little too much candy going on at our house to tolerate anything else!
- Arrange your boats and hippos in the gelatin “water.” Enjoy!